I aspire to be in full time Christian Ministry, to be called by the Lord’s people to minister the gospel, without compromising what I believe is the true gospel and in obedience to the biblical model of true Christian ministry. To make every man complete in Christ [Col. 1:28,29]. So help me God.
My name is Steven Lytton Hitchcock and I am a Christian. I am one who has struggled greatly with the weakness of my flesh and with doctrinal error. I am so blessed now, knowing that the Lord has used affliction to bless me in ways that I never thought possible and I have a message that I am certain will bless the people of God.
My present experience is of one walking on water in regards to the weaknesses of my flesh and in being given of the Lord understanding of the Word. I believe that the Lord has entrusted me with a right understanding of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. What the Lord has given to me, no man can take away from me.
Joined with this confidence in the Lord is the burden for the state of the Evangelical Christian Church, which is the basis of this web site. Zeal for your house will consume me.
I find that I am presently in a situation in which I find myself standing alone. It is something I have not desired to bring upon myself and I have sought with all my heart to find those of like mind. When God gives His Word to you, being entrusted with the true gospel, you will know that this is true and you will necessarily know isolation.
My current experience of isolation is because:
- I stand in opposition to Calvinism, which is the prevailing position at present
- I stand in opposition to Dispensationalism, which dominates those who are not Reformed
- I stand in opposition to legalism and antinomianism
- I stand in opposition to all forms of cultism in Christian churches, dumb fundamentalism, and abusive pastoral ministries
- I stand in opposition to many in Christian leadership because of their way of doing church, as explained in detail on this site
- I stand in opposition to men who do not take seriously the preaching of the Word of God
- I stand in opposition to men who use the ministry for their own benefit and use their role in the church for the benefit of their family members (Nepotism)
Information about Steven:
- Born in 1966
- Grew up in the Bay Area of California
- 1984 graduated from Tracy Joint Union High School, California
- Became a Christian in 1985 while serving in the U.S. Army [A Co, 3rd Battalion, 9th Regiment, 7th Infantry Division]
- Discipled by Chaplain George Hite for three months while recovering from spinal injuries at Letterman Army Medical Hospital, San Francisco
- Immediately after my conversion I discovered that I was still a sinner and the importance of the fight against the flesh, the world, and the devil. It was not until 2014 that the Lord enlightened me about what it means to walk by the Spirit. It is a battle until death, but what a blessing to understand how we are to walk by faith!
- 1985 became a member and was baptized at Trinity Baptist Church, Livermore, California
- Participated in a two week Partnership Evangelism with Cosham Baptist Church, England, through the Southern Baptist Convention
- Also participated with Charismatic groups in street witnessing and was influenced by certain errors with Pentecostalism
- 1986 Influenced by a Christian to embrace the error of Calvinism
- 1986 – 1998 Membership at Livermore Reformed Baptist Church, California
- While under the error Calvinism, over two years, I also became influenced by another member of LRBC with the error of Preterism
- Over 100 hours of visitation at Livermore Veterans Nursing Home, California
- 1994 graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication, California State University, Hayward
- 1996 Married to Alison, who is from Perth, Western Australia
- From 1998 to 2015 lived in Perth, Western Australia
- 1998 – 2003 Membership at Covenant Baptist Church, Rossmoyne, Western Australia
- While still a Calvinist I also came under the error of Modalism, independently, which was used of the Lord to help me to see the error of Calvinism
- Dual citizen of U.S.A. and Australia
- Steven and Alison have four girls and one boy
- 2001 – 2003 studied full time at Trinity Theological College and earned a Bachelor of Theology, which is equivalent to a Masters of Divinity in the U.S.A.
- 2005 served three months at Atwell Community Church, Western Australia, as a Christian Worker [preaching, witnessing, bible study, etc.]
- 2011 Authored a book against Calvinism: Recanting Calvinism [videos]
- 2015 moved back to U.S.A., living in Boise, Idaho
- Currently employed in full time secular work with a Bank
- 2018 Authored Take Up Your Cross: Our Only Power to Live and Walk by the Spirit
Regarding things Christian, Steven is interested in and/or has a prior involvement in:
- Getting into the Word and understanding doctrine
- Doing traditional worship with hymns, spiritual songs, the reading of Scripture, and biblical preaching
- Ministry to the elderly – many blessed times meeting elderly saints, such as some WWI vets at the Livermore Veteran’s Nursing Home
- Leading corporate prayer meetings and bible studies
- Witnessing – street witnessing in San Francisco and Hollywood, California
- Preaching – 1 Peter 4:11
- Writing: Recanting Calvinism and Take Up Your Cross
The Hitchcock Family